Knust Vice-Chancellor, during her swearing-in made it known that , her vision is to help support the needy. In line with the Vice-Chancellor’s vision to support the needy, Professor Rita Akosua Dickson initiated One Needy Student with One Laptop dubbed ‘SONSOL Project’.
According to Professor Rita Akosua Dickson, there is a need to provide less privileged students with laptops to help them pursue their University Education,Hypeghnewsroom.com confirmed.
Hypeghnewsroom.com can officially confirm that the application has been opened for needy students to apply.
Requirements for KNUST One Needy Student One Laptop Project
All prospective applicants are to include the following documents in their applications:
- All applicants should provide/write Proof of Need
- Admission Letter
- Acceptance Letter
- Results Slip showing current CWA. (Signed and Stamped by the Examinations Officer). And WASSCE Certificate (first years only)
- Awards and Certificates for involvement in extra-curricular activity (if any)
Eligibility For KNUST One Needy Student One Laptop Project
- Brilliant, but needy students
- The support is open to only Ghanaian Students, including Students from IDL, Obuasi Campus and from all Colleges
- The support is for First to Third (1st to 3rd) Year Undergraduate students only. Final Year students are not eligible
- For Newly Admitted Students, (First Year), a maximum WASSCE aggregate of 18.
- For Continuing students, a Cumulated Weighted Average (CWA) of 55.00 and above
- Students already benefitting from scholarships from Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, GNPC, Tullow, MTN Foundation, Vodafone, EPI, Edu. Fund, GET-Fund, MP Common Fund, District Assembly Support or any other Scholarship or Bursary above GHC 2,000.00 are NOT Eligible.
Application Forms and other detailed information should be downloaded Sonsol Application Form 2022 (1)
All documents must be in a sealed envelope with the Applicant’s name, programme and phone number boldly written on it.
Submission of documents should be done at the Students Affairs and Financial Services (Room 19) at the Dean of Students Office, J Harper Building.
Any write-up should be typed with the font Times New Roman, size 12 and double-spaced.
No Application will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interview.
For any further enquiries, contact the Students Affairs and Financial Services Office.
- Sad News: Knust level 400 student reported dead
- Which course has more job opportunities in Ghana,Check Out