WHO IS JACKIE APPIAH
Jackie Appiah born December 5, 1983, is a Canadian-born Ghanaian actress. For her work as an actress, she has received several awards and nominations, including the awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2010 Africa Movie Academy Awards; and Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2007. She received two nominations for Best Actress in a Leading Role and Best Upcoming Actress at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2008.
Jackie Appiah’s Early life
Appiah is the last of five children. She was born in Toronto and spent her early childhood in Canada, and moved to Ghana with her mother at age 10. She is popularly known by her maiden name, Appiah. Appiah married Peter Agyemang in 2005 and has one son. Appiah’s father is Kwabena Appiah (the younger brother of the late Joe Appiah, a famous lawyer in Kumasi) currently residing in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Appiah’s appearance on the screen became regular when she was invited by Edward Seddoh Junior, the writer of Things We Do For Love, where she played the role of Enyonam Blagogee. She later took part in Tentacles, Games People Play, Sun-city, and many other TV series.
She remembers herself as being very shy the first time she went on set, “It was a Venus Film Production titled Divine Love and I had to play the role of Kate, the protagonist. I didn’t believe I did too well. I fumbled but, many people did not notice it.”[This quote needs a citation] Despite her nervousness, the first-timer said she succeeded in impressing everyone.
Jackie says her best part was in Mummy’s Daughter by Venus Films. The film tells the story of the Bartels Family where she played the role of Princess, the daughter. “I loved how I acted and I was happy with the role I played”.\ Appiah now sees the local film industry as having changed for the better. She thinks that others will see its ultimate success.
Appiah was already known to Nollywood through her many successful Ghanaian films including Beyoncé – The President Daughter, Princess Tyra, Passion of the Soul, Pretty Queen, The Prince’s Bride, The King is Mine and The Perfect Picture. Her notable Nollywood films include Black Soul and Bitter Blessing, alongside Nollywood actor Ramsey Noah and My Last Wedding, alongside Nollywood actor Emeka Ike.
In 2013, she won the Best International Actress award at the Papyrus Magazine Screen Actors Awards (PAMSAA) 2013 which was held in Abuja.
Appiah’s face can be seen on many billboards and TV commercials in Ghana including a GSMF advert on protection against HIV AIDS. She won the face of U.B in a promotion she did for them on TV commercials and she is currently the face of IPMC for commercials and billboards. “GSMF ” was her first TV commercial.
Who is Jackie Appiah’s husband
All real fans of this actress remember her love story. The beautiful woman met a man, Mr. Peter Agyemang. They fell in love and married 13 years ago.
It would be awesome if their family had been happy and lived together for many years, but this didn’t happen. Jackie Appiah’s husband and the actress couldn’t agree on a number of things, thus their marriage failed after three years of family life.
The couple officially divorced in 2008, and while they do have a son Damien it doesn’t seem that their future together is currently possible. Sometimes you can hear rumors about Jackie and her ex-husband being happy together again, but they are not true. The ex-family sometimes meets at different events, but it doesn’t look that they wish to be more than just two people who used to be married and have a child.
Who is Jackie Appiah married to now?
You can learn many interesting things about Jackie Appiah on her popular Instagram account that has 7.6 million followers. However, it has no obvious signs of her current relationship, her possible husband or any simple way to find out whether Jackie Appiah is married or not. There was a rumor about Jackie dating actor Bobby Obodo, and you can still come across their photos on the Internet. However, the actor denied such rumors and Jackie is also silent about her private life. She wants it to remain private and she has succeeded in this really well. The winner of different prestigious awards, including 2013 PAMSAA Best International Actress and Best Actress in Drama (viewer’s choice for Africa Magic), likes to look great no matter what happens in her personal life. Earlier in 2018, she posted some impressive photographs of herself dressed in a beautiful white dress by Coccochic and amazing accessories. Such bride-style photos quickly gave a start to new rumors about her upcoming wedding. Unfortunately, such rumors haven’t been confirmed, and her new pictures seem to be just a part of style promotion. 37-year-old Jackie Appiah enjoys her privacy and does everything to keep her relationship a secret.
Jackie Appiah’s Son
Check photos of Jackie Appiah’s son, Damien Agyemang
Is Jackie Appiah a twin?
During the International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES Ghana) 2019 by Pastor Brian Amoateng, the popular actress bumped into Ewurama in the auditorium and it’s hard to believe they are not twins.
Since the photos drop, fans of the sensational actress have asked for more photos of the beautiful lady to make better comparisons.
- Thing We Do For Love
- Divine Love
- The Heart of Men
- The Power of a Woman
- Run Baby Run
- Beyoncé – The President Daughter
- The Return of Beyoncé
- Mummy’s Daughter
- The Love Doctor
- Royal Battle
- Chasing Hope
- Princess Tyra
- the prince’s bride
- Fake Feelings
- Wind of Love
- Total Love
- Passion of the Soul
- Mortal Desire
- Pretty Queen
- The Prince’s Bride
- The King is Mine
- Spirit of a Dancer
- Excess Money
- Before My Eyes
- Career woman
- Passion Lady
- Her Excellency
- The Perfect Picture
- Prince of the Niger
- My Last Wedding
- Love Games
- Tears of Womanhood
- Night Wedding
- A Cry for Justice
- 4 Plays
- 4 Play Reloaded
- Death after Birth
- Golden Stool
- Deadly Assignment
- Turning Point
- Wrath of a Woman
- Blind Lust
- Black Soul
- Against My Will
- Royal Kidnap
- End of Royal Kidnap
- The Siege
- Royal Honour
- Eye of the gods
- The Comforter
- Palace Slave
- Throwing Stones
- Comfort My Soul
- Above Love
- Wind of Sorrow
- Piece of My Soul
- Cold Heart
- Golden Heart
- A Bitter Blessing
- Queens heart
- Kings heart
- Forever young
- Barrister Anita
- Deep Fever
- Sisters At War
- The Perfect Picture
- Reason To Kill
- Grooms Bride
- Heart of Men
- Stigma 
- Perfect Love 1
- Perfect Love 2
AKALIKA LOVE (2018)
- “Jackie Appiah Biography | Profile | Ghana”. www.peacefmonline.com. Retrieved 2019-04-13.
- “Jackie Appiah to sponsor juvenile prison inmate’s education”. Graphic Showbiz Online. Retrieved 2020-01-25.
- Idowu, Ayo (16 April 2010). “Unveilling Queen Jackie Appiah•Best Actress in Africa”. Nigerian Tribune. Ibadan, Nigeria. Archived from the original on 6 May 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- “Nominees & Winners of AMAA 2007 @ a glance”. The African Movie Academy Awards. Archived from the original on 10 December 2007. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- “Africa Movie Academy Awards’ nominees take a bow in Josies”. Archived from the original on 2010-02-08. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- “Full Profile & Biography of Jackie Appiah – Husband, Son, Movies, Photos”. Ghanaslayers.com.
- “I doubt if I can play nude roles but… —Jackie Appiah”. The Nation. Lagos, Nigeria. 26 July 2009. Archived from the original on 3 May 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- Alabi, Jasmine (2018-02-19). “Jackie Aphia’s Son: What Do We Know About the Actress’ Son?”. Yen.com.gh – Ghana news. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- “Jackie Appiah”. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- “Black Soul”. youtube. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- “A Bitter Blessing – Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movie”. Youtube. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- “My Last Wedding”. youtube. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- “Jackie Appiah wins Best International Actress award at PAMSAA 2013”. nigeriamovienetwork.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- “Jackie Appiah”. ghananation.com/. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- “Actress Jackie Appiah Wins Another Award”. 6 August 2010.
- “List of Winners @ the National Youth Achievers Award”.
- “Photos: Jackie Appiah, Nadia Buari Honoured at African Women of Worth Awards”. 24 July 2012.
- “Jackie Appiah Grabs Best Actress at AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards”. Highstreetmail Ghana. 10 March 2013. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- “FAB Photos: Jackie Appiah, Kofi Adjorlolo,Genevieve Nnaji, others win at Nollywood & African Film Critics Awards in Washington DC”. 16 September 2013.
- “Blueblood’s Corner: Jackie Appiah Honoured for Her Excellence in Africa’s Entertainment Industry”. 20 June 2013.
- ““Deep Fever” Watch Bobby Michaels, Jackie Appiah, Femi Jacobs in trailer”. Pulse.ng. Chidumga Izuzu. 11 February 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.