Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Westcliff University will be discussed in this publication, its importance, requirement, and everything. This program falls under the College of Business at Westcliff University.
Westcliff University’s Master of Business Administration program seeks to develop persons who can function successfully in upper middle management and top management positions. The emphasis is on strategic management concepts and principles. The MBA program makes use of recent research findings, uses complex computer models, stresses the importance of human relations skills, and integrates strategic management processes through an objective worldview.
- Why Do Students Choose Westcliff University,USA
- Westcliff University Fees, The 2022-2023 Tuition & Fees
- In what City is Westcliff University Located, USA
- Master of Business Administration Description at Westcliff University
- Why You Should Study MBA Program at Westcliff University
- Master of Business Administration Importance
- Requirements for Master of Business Administration
- Scholarship Opportunities for MBA at Westcliff University
Master of Business Administration Description at Westcliff University
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program prepares individuals for careers in management. More specifically, its aim is to provide an opportunity for men and women to develop knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and understanding that will constitute a foundation for growth into competent business management professionals, qualifying graduates to seek employment in major industries, including computer-related services, investment banking/securities and consulting in the areas of marketing, research, analysis, and/or finance.
The performance outcomes which are required for the completion of the program include: class participation, response to discussion questions, writing research papers, group assignments, case study analyses, quizzes, mid-term and final examinations (Comprehensive Learning Assessments).
Why You Should Study MBA Program at Westcliff University
The Westcliff MBA program prepares you for a career in business, management, or entrepreneurship. At Westcliff University, you will:
- Analyze, synthesize, and present case studies using evidence-based decision making
- Work in cooperative groups with diverse teams solving comprehensive problems
- Understand and use management principles to solve complex business problems
- Develop your ability to think critically and problem-solve creatively
- Receive education through online and on-campus formats to suit your schedule
- Network with students and faculty working in a wide range of industries
- Learn from practitioners/scholars who are senior managers or business owners
- Gain hands-on experience with companies in our SMART™ MBA consulting capstone program
Master of Business Administration Importance
- Develop mastery of functional components of business—economics, marketing, accounting, finance, law, organizational behavior, and leadership
- Demonstrate effective presentation of business analyses and recommendations through written forms of communication appropriate to the intended audience
- Demonstrate effective presentation of business analyses and recommendations through oral communication of conventions and forms appropriate to the intended audience
- Appraise current information technology effectively to support business decision making
- Value and integrate diversity and a global perspective in business decisions
- Compile independent, critical thinking, and reasoning skills to critique problems and develop problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Integrate ethical issues in a business context and formulate alternatives that demonstrate ethical values
- Facilitate the use of research and information from all mediums for the purpose of promoting critical thinking as it is applied to learning complex business concepts
- 9Evaluate, analyze, and communicate quantitative data to improve and sustain strategic business initiatives
Requirements for Master of Business Administration
For acceptance into a Master of Business Administration degree, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
An applicant with a Bachelor-level degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution can apply for entrance into Westcliff University. Undergraduate degrees obtained outside of the United States will only be accepted if they have been evaluated by a member in good standing of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or another nationally recognized credentialing service. In this case, the listed U.S. degree equivalency will be used.
Students must complete thirty-six (36) prescribed credit hours with a program GPA of 3.0 or higher, including 8 core courses (24 credit hours) and 4 concentrations (12 Credit Hours). Students may complete all 36 credits at Westcliff University. Alternatively, students may apply to be granted course waivers for up to 6 credit hours of the required Master of Business Administration Courses. Please refer to the Transfer Credit and Course Waiver Policies for more detailed information and requirements.
Students must apply for graduation and meet all academic and financial requirements.
At the end of the graduate business program, the Dean of the College of Business shall be present and observe all final contents presented during the graduate student’s final capstone. The Dean’s signature of approval is required for satisfactory completion of the capstone course.
Upon graduation and fulfillment of all graduation requirements, students will receive a Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
Practical Learning Experience Requirements
Westcliff University requires all students enrolled in graduate-level degree or certificate programs in the College of Business to successfully complete a Practical Learning Experience (PLE) as a graduation requirement. Westcliff University degrees and certificates are designed to prepare students for the professional workforce, and the knowledge and skills learned throughout their program are directly applicable to the industries to which they are associated. Practical learning allows students to further refine the associated knowledge and skills through guidance, oversight, and feedback from industry experts and professionals while also building a stable network and gathering references to support their career needs. Students are encouraged to take full advantage of the opportunities afforded to them in practical learning and maximize their potential career placement or advancement upon graduation.
The graduate PLE requirement is satisfied by completing a credit-bearing internship course that is assessed on a Credit/No Credit basis. During practical learning, students engage in empirical experiences, in addition to participating in assigned course activities. This practice reflects Westcliff’s commitment to a practical and relevant education and the value of applied, experiential learning. Students who have this experience demonstrate a more successful transition into a new career or career advancement. Students are encouraged to complete as many PLEs as their schedules will permit in pursuit of the completion of their program(s).
Graduate practical learning opportunities exist on- and off-campus. Off-campus practical learning requires prior University approval, and F-1 students must have Curricular Practical Training (CPT) authorization to participate in off-campus practical learning. Students are responsible for developing and demonstrating the skills necessary to be successful in a PLE. In addition to contemporary and growing industry knowledge, students should also be prepared to demonstrate professionalism, effective communication (written, oral and digital), and integrity while engaged in practical learning. The faculty facilitating internship courses associated with Practical Learning Experience assess these qualities and provide valuable feedback regarding their development to students throughout each experience. Students may reach out to Career Services with any questions about practical learning at the graduate level.
Scholarship Opportunities for MBA at Westcliff University
- As a Westcliff student, you have access to a powerful network of support from staff, faculty, alumni, and many others who take pride in investing in you. Scholarships are made possible by generous benefactors who are passionate about supporting your success. Apply Now