UCC 2021/2022 Undergraduates Admission Requirements and Courses
The University of Cape Coast (UCC) Management is seeking suitable applicants for admission to Undergraduate Programs for the 2021 academic year.
BASIC UCC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Entry requirements for admission into programmes of study for both local and international students include the following:
Applicants should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of 36/24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For purposes of admission, a credit pass in:
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
B. General Certificate of Education (GCE)
Advanced Level: Applicants should, in addition to credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics), have three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
C. General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE):
Applicants should have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
D. International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE):
Applicants should have credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics) and three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
E. International Baccalaureate (IB):
Applicants should have a minimum of grade 4 at the Higher Level in three (3) subjects relevant to the programme of choice (minimum of grade 5 for Health and Allied Sciences). Applicants should, in addition, have a minimum of grade 4 in English/Literature and Mathematics (SL).
F. American High School Grade 12 Examinations.
Applicants should have a Final Grade point of 3.0.
UCC FEE-PAYING APPLICANTS
Fee-paying facilities are available for candidates/applicants who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Joint Admissions Committee.
Applicants who wish to be considered may complete and attach the fee-paying forms (available at the sales centres or downloaded from the university’s admissions portal) to their printed online application forms. Such candidates shall be required to meet the minimum admission requirements. Copies of last year’s cut-off points for the various programmes are available at the sales centres and the University’s website for applicants’ guidance.
PRACTICAL EXAMINATIONS FOR B.ED (PHYSICAL EDUCATION) CANDIDATES
SSSCE/WASSCE candidates applying for B.Ed. (Physical Education) should note that the date for the practical examinations will be communicated later.
SUBMISSION OF COPIES OF UCC COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
(a) Two copies of completed online application forms accompanied by two copies of results slips should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand.
Copies of the completed online application forms should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast not later than Friday, 30th July, 2021.
Applicants are to ensure that application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
(b) No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips should accompany completed application forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration.
The documents accompanying the application forms are not returnable.
(c) Application forms received without Application Reference Numbers, a copy each of WASSCE/SSSCE results slips or transcripts, in the case of Post-Diploma and other applicants, will not be processe.
A change of programme after the submission of application forms will NOT be allowed.
UCC PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
The following programmes are available for the 2021/2022 Academic Year. Applicants should ensure that the programmes selected as their 1st and 2nd choice options are the same as those indicated below.
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND LEGAL STUDIES
FACULTY OF ARTS Programmes
- B.A. (Arts)
- B.A. (African Studies)
- B.A. (Theatre Studies)
- B. A Music
- B.A. (Film Studies)
- B.A. (Dance)
- B.A. (Communication Studies)
- B. A. (Chinese)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE Programme
- B.Sc. (Tourism Management)
- B.A. (Population & Health)
- B.A. (Social Sciences)
- B.Sc. (Hospitality Management)
- B.A. (Anthropology)
- B.Sc. (Geography and Regional Planning)
UCC SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Programme
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement & Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS Programme
- Bachelor of Science (Economics)
- Bachelor of Science (Economics with Finance)
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STUDIES
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION Programme
- B.Ed. (Arts)
- B.Ed. (Social Sciences)
- B.Ed. (Social Studies)
- B.Ed. (Accounting)
- B.Ed. (Management)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION Programme
- B.Ed. (Health, Physical Education and Recreation)
- B.Ed. (Science)
- B.Ed. (Mathematics)
- B.Ed. (Computer Science)
- B.Ed. (Health Sciences Education)
- B.Ed. (Home Economics) (Food & Nutrition OR Clothing & Textiles)
- B.Ed. (Communication Design)
- B.Ed. Fine Art (Painting and Sculpture)
UCC FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS Programme
- B.Ed. (Early Childhood Education)
- B.Ed. (Primary Education)
- B.Ed. (Junior High School Education)
- B.Sc. (Psychology)
UCC COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES Programme
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
UCC SCHOOL OF PHARMACY AND PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES Programme
- Doctor of Pharmacy – (Pharm D)
UCC SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY Programme
- B.Sc. (Nursing)
- B.Sc. (Mental Health Nursing)
- B.Sc. (Community Mental Health Nursing)
UCC SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES Programme
B.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences)
Doctor of Optometry
B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology)
B.Sc. (Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics)
B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Studies)
B.Sc. (Diagnostic Imaging Technology)
B.Sc. (Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
B.Sc. (Health Information Management)
B.Sc. (Sports and Exercise Science)
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL SCIENCES,UCC
Ucc SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE Programme
- B.Sc. (Agriculture)
- B.Sc. (Agricultural Extension & Community Development)
- B.Sc. (Agro-Processing)
- B.Sc. (Agri-Business)
- B.Sc. (Animal Production) – Post-Diploma
- B.Sc. (Agricultural Extension) – Post-Diploma
UCC SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES Programme
- B.Sc. (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology)
- B.Sc. (Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences)
- B.Sc. (Conservation Biology and Entomology)
- B.Sc. (Biochemistry)
- B.Sc. (Environmental Science)
- B.Sc. (Forensic Science)
UCC SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- B.Sc. (Laboratory Technology)
- B.Sc. (Chemistry)
- B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- B.Sc. (Water and Sanitation)
- B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics)
- B.Sc. (Statistics)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics and Statistics)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics with Economics)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics with Business)
- B.Sc. (Actuarial Science)
- B.Sc. (Physics)
- B.Sc. (Engineering Physics)
- B.Sc. (Information Technology)
- B.Sc. (Meteorology & Atmospheric Physics)